- On the condition that they are either high school graduates or studying their last year in high school;
- • International students,
- • Among natural born citizens of the Republic of Turkey, those who have abandoned their citizenship upon the approval of the Ministry of Interior Affairs, and those who hold the Official Document for The Use of Rights Granted by The Law No: 5203, which is issued for their children under the full legal age who are registered on the document that certifies the abandonment of Turkish citizenship
- • those who hold citizenship of other countries by birth and have gained the Turkish citizenship later.
- • those who hold the citizenship of The Republic of Turkey and have completed their high school abroad, including - those who have completed their high school education in a Turkish institution in another country. (Those who have completed their high school education in The Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus – TRNC- are exempt from this rule.)
- • those who hold the citizenship of TRNC, who reside in TRNC and who have completed their secondary education in a GCE-AL system, as well as those who have registered and completed their secondary education in a GCE-AL system abroad between 2005-2010, may apply to study as an international student at Gedik University.
- • who hold the a citizenship of The Republic of Turkey, and have completed their secondary education in Turkey or in TRNC,
- • who hold the a citizenship of The TRNC, (except for those who have completed their secondary education in a GCE AL system in TRNC, and those who have registered and completed their secondary education in a GCE AL system abroad between 2005-2010),
- • who hold a dual citizenship, one of which is a citizenship of The Republic of Turkey by birth, (except for those who have completed their high school education in another country other than TRNC / those who have completed their high school education in a Turkish institution in another country other than TRNC),
- • who hold a dual citizenship, one of which is a citizenship of TRNC (except for those who have completed their secondary education in a GCE AL system in TRNC, and those who have registered and completed their secondary education in a GCE AL system abroad between 2005-2010),
- • those who hold a citizenship of The Republic of Turkey by birth and who have completed their secondary education at institutions within an embassy or in other foreign institutions in Turkey,
- Are not eligible to apply as an international student.
|Country||Diploma-Certificate-Exam||Minimum Score Required
(Taken courses or exam subjects need to be related to the program chosen by the applicant)
|International||SAT||Min 500 out of 1000 in Math|
|ACT (American College Testing)||Min 21 points|
|GCE ( General Certificate Education)||A level (Advanced Level): at least two courses in related field|
|IB (International Baccalaurate)||Min 28 diploma grade|
|Austria||Maturazeugnis/Matura/Reifeprufungszeugnis /Abschlusszeugnis from a Fachschule (with at least 4 years of full time study)||-|
|China||Gaokao||450 out of 700|
|France||Baccalaureat||high school graduation grade of at least 12|
|Germany||Abitur (Certificate of General Qualification for Higher Education)||4 out of 5|
|Iran||Diplome Debirestan and Pişdaneşgahi||12 out of 20 and 12 out of 20 for final exams respectively|
|Jordan||Tawjihi||Min average of courses in the Scientific Stream 70|
|Kazakhstan||Kazakhstan National University Test||80 out of 120|
|Lebanon||Baccalauréat Libanais Général (Scientific Stream)||13 diploma grade|
|Palestine||Tawjihi||Min average of courses in the Scientific Stream 70|
|Senegal||Bachalaureate||12 diploma grade out of 20|
|Syria||Al-Shahada-Al Thanawiyya/ Baccalauréat||Min 190 out of 210 for departments that accept students with numerical and equally weighted scores and 170 for other departments|
|Other||Applicants not holding any of the above mentioned exam results/documents can apply with high school diploma and transcripts.|
Students are required to certify their English Proficiency in order to start programs offered in English. Students who get the minimum valid score in our proficiency test or in one of the international exams recognized by the senate may start their studies in their field.
|Below mentioned certificates/scores are acceptable;|
|Cambridge Advanced English (CAE)||Minimum. C|
|Cambridge Proficiency Examination (CPE)||Minimum C|
|Pearson Test of English (PTE)||Minimum 50|
|İstanbul Gedik University Proficiency Test||Minimum 60|
Students who are admitted to a program offered in Turkish have to certify their Turkish Proficiency with below mentioned certificates;
Students must have at least B1 (intermediate) level Turkish proficiency certificate obtained from the exam centers recognized by TÖMER or the Higher Education Council for all undergraduate programs with the exception of Faculty of Law. For Faculty of Law it is required to hold at least C1 level of Turkish.
If students do not have a valid international exam result which is recognized by the university, they are able to undertake English or Turkish language proficiency test to gain entry into their preferred program at Gedik University. The University reserves the right to require that an applicant undergo a test of English or Turkish proficiency, if the authentication of the international or national exam result cannot be confirmed.
How to Apply
All applications made through the online application system on here.
- You will be asked to upload the required below documents:
- 1. Passport (personal information page)
- 2. Official document signifying successful completion of high school – diploma in many countries (it must be translated if it is not in English or Turkish)
- 3. Official high school transcript national or internationally recognized test results or provisional results if not available by the time of submission (it must be translated if it is not in English or Turkish).
- 4. English or Turkish language proficiency test results if available.
After You Apply:
Once you click the SUBMIT button, the International Office will receive your application for evaluation:
- • If you have missing documents, International Office will inform you through e-mail. Your application will not be further evaluated till you provide the missing documents.
- • If the application is completed, the Assessment Commission will evaluate your application and decide to send you an Offer (Invitation) Letter or a rejection.
- You will be informed through e-mail about your application; Please check your E-mail regularly
If you are accepted;
- • You will be given an Offer (Invitation) Letter and will be asked to transfer 1000$ USD pre-payment amount to the given USD account. All details will be given in the Offer Letter. (The pre-payment is going to be deducted from the tuition fees).
- • As soon as we receive your pre-payment, you will be provided an official Acceptance Letter .
- • Once you get your Acceptance, you are required to make your student visa application by yourself. Please do not be late to communicate with the consulate for visa application.
IMPORTANT: Please note that the pre-payment is non-refundable unless you demonstrate the Visa rejection with the documents issued by related Turkish Embassy or Consulate.
After completing all application steps and get acceptance you must deliver the below-mentioned required documents to Registrar’s Office:
- 1. Passport (personal information page) copy
- 2. Official document signifying successful completion of high school – diploma in many countries and its notarized Turkish translation.
- 3. Official high school transcript national or internationally recognized test results and its notarized Turkish translation.
- 4. Equivalency Certificate
- 5. English or Turkish language proficiency test results if available.
- 6. 1 pc photo (taken within the last six months)