Students who hold the citizenship of a country other than Turkey and The Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus may submit an application as an international student for a postgraduate program at Gedik University.
International students who have completed four years of bachelor studies (unless all the bachelor degrees are for 3 years in the country of education) in a university recognized by Turkish Council of Higher Education can submit an application for a graduate program at Gedik University. For PhD applications, students are also required to hold a master degree which requires a master's thesis in the full curriculum.
However, Institute of Graduate Studies may require further documentation and/or exams results depending on the program of application. If it is the case, International office may contact you to ask for further documentation along with your application.
IMPORTANT: Even if you meet the academic requirements and are accepted for admission to the program of your preference, if your previous studies are not related to the study field of your preference, you may be asked to take scientific preparation courses before prior to the program curriculum.
Students are required to certify their English Proficiency in order to start programs offered in English. Students who get the minimum valid score in our proficiency test or in one of the international exams recognized by the senate may start their studies in their field.
|Below mentioned certificates/scores are acceptable;|
|Cambridge Advanced English (CAE)||Minimum. C|
|Cambridge Proficiency Examination (CPE)||Minimum C|
|Pearson Test of English (PTE)||Minimum 50|
|İstanbul Gedik University Proficiency Test||Minimum 60|
And certify their Turkish Proficiency in order to start programs of the University of instruction is Turkish with below mentioned certificates;
Students who are admitted to a program offered in Turkish have to certify their Turkish Proficiency with below mentioned certificates;
Students must have at least B2 level Turkish proficiency certificate obtained from the exam centers recognized by TÖMER or the Higher Education Council for all graduate programs with the exception of Law Programs. For Law Programs, it is required to hold at least C1 level of Turkish.
If students do not have a valid international exam result which is recognized by the university, they are able to undertake English or Turkish language proficiency test to gain entry into their preferred program at İstanbul Gedik University. The University reserves the right to require that an applicant undergo a test of English or Turkish proficiency, if the authentication of the international or national exam result cannot be confirmed.
How to Apply (Step by step and Required Documents)
All applications made through the online application system on here.
- You will be asked to upload the required below documents:
- 1. Passport (personal information page)
- 2. Official document signifying successful completion of undergraduate degree for Master Degree Program application and Graduate Degree for PhD – diploma (it must be translated , if it is not in English or Turkish)
- 3. Official Transcript (it must be translated, if it is not in English or Turkish).
- 4. English or Turkish language proficiency test results if available
After You Apply:
Once you click the SUBMIT button, the International Office will receive your application for evaluation:
- • If you have missing documents, International Office will inform you through e-mail. Your application will not be further evaluated till you provide the missing documents.
- • If the application is completed, the Assessment Commission will evaluate your application and decide to send you an Offer (Invitation) Letter or a rejection.
- You will be informed through e-mail about your application; Please check your E-mail regularly
If you are accepted;
- • You will be given Offer (Invitation) Letter and will be asked to transfer 1000$ USD pre-payment amount to the given USD account. All details will be given in the Offer (Invitation) Letter. (The pre-payment is going to be deducted from tuition fees).
- • As soon as we receive your pre-payment, you will be provided an official Acceptance Letter.
- • Once you get your Acceptance, you are required to make your student visa application by yourself. Please do not be late to communicate with the consulate for visa application.
IMPORTANT: Please note that the pre-payment is non-refundable unless you receive the Visa rejection from the Turkish Embassy or Consulate in your area.
After completing all application steps and get acceptance you must deliver the below-mentioned required documents to the Registrar’s Office:
- For Master’s Program Registration:
- 1. Passport (personal information page) copy
- 2. Official document signifying successful completion of University Undergraduate Degree – diploma and its notarized Turkish translation.
- 3. Official Transcript and its notarized Turkish translation.
- 4. English or Turkish language proficiency test results if available.
- 5. Student Visa or a copy of the residence permit page showing the identity and residence period
- 6. 1 pc photo
- 7. Official Offer and Acceptance Letters
- For PhD Program Registration:
- 1. Passport (personal information page) and it’s notarized Turkish translation
- 2. Official documents signifying successful completion of University Undergraduate Degree and Master’s Degree – diploma and its notarized Turkish translation.
- 3. Official Transcripts and their notarized Turkish translation.
- 4. English language proficiency test results (only recognized tests).
- 5. Turkish Proficiency Score, if available
- 6. Student Visa or a copy of the residence permit page showing the identity and residence period
- 7. 1 pc photo (taken within the last six months)
- 8. Official Offer and Acceptance Letters